Applied Entomology Laboratory ~ Dr. Andrei Alyokhin
Abbreviated Curriculum Vita
|Present||Professor and Director, School of Biology and Ecology, University of Maine, Orono.
|2013-14||Professor, School of Biology and Ecology, University of Maine, Orono.
|2007-13||Associate Professor, School of Biology and Ecology, University of Maine, Orono.
|2001-07||Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maine, Orono.
|1999-2000||Junior Entomologist, Department of Entomology, University of Hawaii, Manoa.|
Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Kauai Agricultural Research Center, University of Hawaii, Kapaa.
Research Assistant, Department of Entomology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Special Recognition for Outstanding Support and Contributions (U.S. National Park Service, 2012)
- Faculty Outstanding Public Service Award (College of Natural Sciences, Food, and Agriculture, University of Maine, 2011)
- Selected to present A. Randall Alford Memorial Lecture of the Friends of Dr. Edith Marion Patch, Inc.
- Long-Term Invitation Fellowship for Research in Japan (the Japan Society for Promotion of Science, 2009)
- Sustainable Agriculture Award (University of Maine, 2005)
- Harry A. Rosenfeld Award in Applied Entomology (University of Massachusetts, 1999)
- Lotta M. Crabtree Graduate Fellowship in Agriculture (Crabtree Trusts, 1996 - 1999)
- University Fellowship (University of Massachusetts, 1994-95)
- Gardner BBB Research Award (Baylor University, 1993)
- Frank G. Brooks Award for Excellence in Student Research (BBB, 1993)
- Silver Medal for Excellent Academic Performance in Secondary School (Russian Ministry of Education, 1989)
- Editorial Board member, Potato Journal
- Member, State of Maine Governorís IPM Council
- Member, Plant-Incorporated Protectants Technical Review Committee, Maine Board of Pesticide Control
- Member, Organizing Committee for the Maine Arthropod Blitzes
- Member, grant review panels for Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and for Ministry of Economy and Planning of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the latter administered by the American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Reviewed submissions for 25 scientific journals and eight grant funding programs
- Member, Awards Committee, Eastern Branch of the Entomological Society of America (2001-05)
- President, Acadian Entomological Society (2002-03)
- Faculty advisor, Undergraduate Biology Club (2002-03)